Spanish Fideo with Miracle Noodles
- 1/4 c. white onion chopped
- 1 garlic clove (fresh preferred) crushed
- 1 can 8 oz. tomato sauce
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp chicken bullion
- 1/4 tsp comino/cumin
- In a sauce pan, sautee the onion and garlic until translucent.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer for 5 minutes on low heat.
- Pour sauce mix over noodles and mix.
- I added a bit of cheese to garnish. You could also add chicken for a more complete meal instead of a side dish.
Note: In Spanish,, Fideo means noodle. Fideo is a type of pasta commonly used in soups. Fideo can be short ( about 2–3 cm ) or long (varies, Asian noodles are also called "fideo").
I haven’t tried recipe yet but it sounds good. I was thinking Jonathan, using tomatillos might add a really interesting flavor instead of tomato sauce? Thanks for the ideas! Vicki Atz
I always knew fideo as birds-nest noodles.