Make a low-carb version of polenta using our keto-friendly Miracle Rice!
Fresh Corn Polenta with Miracle Rice
(Served with balsamic chicken and asparagus)
Recipe by Cara of @foodrunfoodie on Instagram
132 calories (30C/2.5F/4P) for 1/5 recipe
5 ears of corn
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 cup water
2 packages of Miracle Noodle Rice
1/2 tbsp butter
Salt and pepper
Optional: fresh herbs like basil or thyme for seasoning/garnish
1. Shuck and de-kernel the corn. Be sure to the scrape the meat off the cob too using the back off the knife.
2. Add corn kernels/scrapings to a medium saucepot with almond milk and water (can use all water as well). Bring to a simmer and cook 7-12 until kernels are cooked through. .
3. Using a slotted spoon, remove kernels from pot, and reserve cooking liquid. Add kernels to a food processor and blend for 2-3 minutes until you have a mush-like consistency. (You are making polenta- so that's the texture it should be). Check every so often.
4. Add mixture back to saucepot. Add butter. Then add drained and rinsed miracle rice. Heat over low heat, until starts to bubble.
5. Season with salt and pepper, as well as herbs if using. If mixture is too thick, use reserved cooking liquid to get to desired consistency. ** If your corn isn't particularly sweet, you can add a little sweetener as well.
Below is the recipe inspiration for chicken which is on fire! It has Greek yogurt in the sauce. https://