When I returned from Japan in 2006 after first eating Miracle Noodles, all I knew was that the noodles were 97% water and 3% plant fiberfrom the konjac plant. When I came back, I started researching the 3% and found some unbelievable information. The Konjac plant has a fiber that is called glucomannan.
Glucomannan is a soluble, prebiotic fiber, which means that it feeds the natural bacteria in your gut. It has been used for thousands of years in traditional Chinese and Japanese medicine to treat digestive issues, diabetes, and other medical conditions.
In addition to helping individuals lose weight, glucomannan offers numerous other health benefits. Here are five ways this ingredient can improve your overall health:
The below studies used fiber alone in doses you would get with eating our noodles. So you don't need to take a fiber supplement instead you can have Miracle Noodles and Miracle Rice.
1. Reduces Cholesterol Levels: Studies have shown that taking glucomannan can reduce total cholesterol, LDL (bad) cholesterol, and triglyceride levels. This is due to its ability to bind to bile acids in the intestine and promote their excretion in the stool.
2. Aids Digestion: Thanks to its high-fiber content, glucomannan can help keep your digestive system healthy. It helps to add bulk to stool and movement through the intestines, easing constipation and promoting regular bowel movements.
3. Regulates Blood Sugar Levels: Glucomannan is effective in controlling blood sugar levels by slowing down digestion and absorption of carbohydrates, which helps to prevent spikes in glucose levels.
4. Improves Gut Health: Glucomannan can help reduce inflammation in the gut and improve the balance of beneficial bacteria, which are essential for good health. It is one of the most potent prebiotic fibers known to man.
5. Supports Weight Loss: As mentioned above, glucomannan can help individuals lose weight by creating a feeling of fullness that helps reduce food intake. It can also help to prevent fat storage, as it binds with dietary fats in the intestines and prevents their absorption.
These are just some of the many benefits of the main ingredient in Miracle Noodles. This superfood is an easy way to get a miracle fiber into your diet, improve digestion, regulate blood sugar levels, and support weight loss. Try adding it to smoothies or soups and check out my last email here where we discussed some unusual uses of Miracle Noodle and Miracle Rice.
To You and Yours in Health,
Jonathan Carp, MD
President - Miracle Noodle
P.S. I often get questions about what our best sellers are both in stores and online. For the Ready to Eat Meals - Pad Thai, Vegan Pho, and Keto Thai Peanut sell the most and for the plain noodles our Ready to Eat Organic Spaghetti is the reigning king :)