- 2 Bell peppers (green or red)
- 1/2 pound lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup chopped onion (green or white)
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 cup finely chopped mushrooms (optional)
- 3/4 cup Miracle Rice
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup cheddar (or Mozzarella), shredded
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cut top off bell pepper and remove seeds and membrane to make a clean bowl.
- Place prepared bell peppers in a oven safe dish sprayed with olive oil. Bake for 15 min.
- Meanwhile, brown the ground turkey, add onions and garlic and cook thoroughly.
- Add mushrooms, if using, and continue to cook until softened.
- Remove from heat and add to mixing bowl with rinsed Miracle Rice, tomato sauce, red pepper flakes, salt, & pepper. Mix well and stuff mixture into bell pepper.
- Top with shredded cheese. Bake on 350 for 20 min.
- 45 min total time (prep and cook)
- Calories: 306
- Carbs: 10 (7 Net Carbs)
- Fat: 14 grams
- Protein: 35 grams
- Iron: 25 mg
- Fiber: 3 grams