By: Kelly RothermelKelly Rothermel says:Are you wondering what makes this so miraculous? Awhile ago, I purchased a dealone of those daily deal sites was having on Miracle Noodles. They expire in thenext month or two, so I’m scrambling to use them up. I tried a few recipes, someI sort of liked, and some were not something I’d eat again. This, however, I couldeat once a week for sure (and probably will be!)
- 2 sweet potatoes, scrubbed and shredded
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small can mushrooms, drained and rinsed (or fresh would be better! I just didn’t have any)
- 1 package of Miracle Noodles Rice, rinsed well for 1 minute, patted dry
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin, cinnamon, and sea salt (can add more, but start with less of spices)
- Olive oil/water for skillet
- Chives or parsley to garnish
- Just mix the shredded sweet potatoes, sliced onions, mushrooms, noodles, and spices in a big bowl.
- Mix well.Then squeeze the excess liquid off and place into a hot skillet that has a layer of olive oil or water in it (I went with olive oil because it really enhances the flavor and the rest of the meal is so healthy and low in calories, I figured it’s okay).
Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device
Sounds scrumptious, but many of us use Miracle noodles because we are diabetic and watching each and every carb in our diets. Sweet potatoes or potatoes of any kind just don’t fit in with carb counting. Can you think of a low carb veg to go with this instead of the yams?