Recipe for Kosher Veggie Rice Pilaf
This recipe is terrific. The Miracle Noodle Team has prepared it on several occasions for our friends who eat kosher diets. Remember, Miracle Noodle is a small, family-run business so we all take a part in scouring the web for great kosher recipes. Kosher is a booming health trend, with more and more people concerned about how their food was prepared.
That being said, we would also like to suggest an alternative for our carb- and calorie-conscious consumers: Try Miracle Rice instead of regular rice with this following recipe:
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 4 cups water
- 4 tsp. chicken soup powder
- 1-2 Tbsp. oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 can mushrooms, drained
- 1 carrot, shredded or peeled into slivers
- 1 1/2 cups rice
- pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- In a medium saucepan, boil water and stir in soup powder until it is well dissolved.
2. In a skillet, heat oil. Saute the onion until just softened. Add mushrooms and carrots. Saute until heated through and softened.
3. Add rice to the boiling broth. Stir.
4. Then add vegetables on top of the rice. Don't stir.
5. Cover. Turn flame down to low. Simmer for 15 minutes.
6. Turn off flame and let rice steam for 5 more minutes.
7. Remove cover (so the rice won't be sticky). Stir to mix the rice with the vegetables.
Note: If you want this side dish to be parve instead of meat, then use parve chicken soup powder.
Save 15% on Miracle Noodle Every Time!
Get 15% off every order by enrolling in the Miracle Noodle auto ship program. Choose which products you want delivered and how often. It’s that simple. JOIN TODAY!
P.S. We also have online gift cards!