Pesto is traditionally made with a mortar and pestle. You can make it in a food processor or blender as well. Here is a quick and easy recipe.
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 4 medium cloves garlic
- A pinch of sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup pine nuts, toasted (you can sub chopped walnuts)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons (1 ounce) freshly grated Parmigiano cheese
- 2 1/2 tablespoons (1 ounce) finely grated Pecorino cheese
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Rinse the basil leaves and spin dry. Place them together with pine nuts into the bowl of a food processor and pulse a several times. Add the peeled garlic and pulse several times more to mix.Slowly add the olive oil to emulsify until the mixture is creamy.
- Transfer the contents to a separate bowl and mix in the grated cheeses with a spoon or spatula. At the end stir in some salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Pesto can be served with rinsed package of Miracle Noodle pasta right away.
Posted in RecipesPrint