- 6 servings
- 1 7-ounce package Miracle Noodle Ziti
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1 large orange or yellow bell pepper
- 1 large green bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds, crushed in bag with mallet
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/8 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- ½ medium fennel bulb, fronds reserved, cut lengthwise into 1/3-inch-wide strips
- ¼ cup golden raisins
- 2 to 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar (such as Vilux brand)
- 11/2 tablespoons drained capers
- 1 large garlic clove, squeezed through press
- 4 to 5 thin slices Italian salami (1 ounce), cut into 1/3-inch-wide strips
- 1/3 cup paper-thin slices red onion
- Prepare the Ziti according to package directions, except boil 3 minutes, drain, and spread on several layers of paper towels to dry.
- Cut top and bottom off of each pepper, leaving 3-inch-tall rings. Remove seeds and cut rings into 1/3-inch-wide by 3-inch-long strips. Stir oil, fennel seeds, rosemary, and crushed red pepper in large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat 30 seconds, or until fragrant. Add bell peppers and fennel; toss 2 minutes. Add 1/3 cup water. Cover and reduce heat to low. Cook peppers 18 to 20 minutes, or until tender, stirring occasionally. Turn off heat and let stand, covered, 5 minutes.
- Add Ziti , raisins, 2 tablespoons vinegar, capers, garlic, ½ teaspoon kosher salt, and ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper to mixture in skillet; toss to blend. Let stand until cool, tossing occasionally. Mix salami and onion into salad. Let stand at least 30 minutes and up to 2 hours, adjusting vinegar, salt, and pepper as desired. Before serving, mix in 1 tablespoon chopped fennel fronds.
Posted in Recipes