- 6 servings
- 2 7-ounce bags Miracle Noodle Rice
- ¼ cup unseasoned rice vinegar
- ¼ cup apricot preserves (preferably the ‘jelly’ not the fruit chunks)
- 11/2 teaspoons curry powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 cups 1/3- to ½-inch cubes fresh mango (from 2 large)
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 1 large red jalapeño chile, seeded, deveined, finely chopped (1 tablespoon)
- ½ teaspoon (or more) kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 large green onions, chopped
- ¼ cup golden raisins
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons diced candied ginger (preferably uncrystallized from Trader Joe)
- 1 large radicchio head, cored
- 3 ounces goat cheese, broken into small chunks, or ½ cup plain nonfat yogurt
- Prepare the Miracle Noodle rice according to package directions, but blanch for 2 minutes .
- Combine the vinegar, apricot preserves, and curry powder in a large microwave-safe bowl. Cook on high power about 1 minute, or until the preserves start to melt. Whisk to blend then cool 10 minutes. Whisk in ground ginger and mustard. Gently mix in mango, red onion, jalapeño, ½ teaspoon salt, and pepper to make chutney.
- Pat ‘rice’ dry with extra paper towels if still moist; stir into chutney. Stir in green onions, raisins, cilantro, and diced ginger.
- Gently remove 6 outer leaves from radicchio. Arrange 1 leaf on each plate as bowl. Dice enough of remaining radicchio to measure 1 cup. Add to salad, and toss to blend well. Adjust salt to taste.
- Spoon salad into radicchio cups. Sprinkle goat cheese over or dollop with yogurt, dividing equally.
Posted in Recipes