There is nothing better than discovering ways to cook your favorite meals in a way that aligns with your health goals. That's what we aim to do with our products. Check out this lectin-free soup!
Recipe by Jenny Dix AKA @clean.colorful.life.
1) Remove the skin and seeds from the peppers. Super important if you have issues with lectins!
2) For a brighter, fresher green-colored soup, blend the cilantro with cooled liquid. My liquid was hot, so my cilantro cooked, and my soup ended up greenish-brown. Still good, but I’ll cool it next time since color is my thang."
1 Tbsp avocado oil
1 yellow onion, diced
1 red pepper, skin & seeds removed, diced*
1 jalapeño, skin & seeds removed, minced*
6 cloves garlic, minced
6 cups chicken stock
2 chicken thighs
1 large white sweet potato, diced
2 tsp ground cumin
1 package Miracle Rice, rinsed & drained
1 bunch fresh cilantro leaves
Juice of 1 lime
Salt to taste
Optional garnishes: extra chopped fresh cilantro leaves, thinly-sliced green onions, lime wedges
1.Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté for 5 minutes, occasionally stirring, until the onion is soft and translucent. Stir in red bell pepper, jalapeño, and garlic. Continue sautéing for 1-2 minutes, until garlic is fragrant.
2. Add chicken stock, chicken thighs, sweet potato, and cumin. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to a simmer. Cover partially and cook, occasionally stirring, for about 25 minutes. Remove 1 cup of soup and set aside.
3. Remove chicken thighs from soup and shred chicken. Add shredded chicken back to pot along with Miracle Rice. Return soup to a simmer.
4. In a blender, add cilantro leaves, lime juice, and 1 cup of reserved soup. Purée for 1-2 minutes, or until mixture is smooth. Add more soup if needed.
5. Remove soup from heat and stir cilantro mixture into soup. Season with salt to taste. Garnish as desired.
NOTE: To remove pepper skins, cut them in half, and place on a baking sheet, skin side up. Set oven to broil and slide the baking sheet directly under heat. Watch carefully. When the skins start to blister and blacken, remove the sheet from oven and wrap peppers in foil. After about ten minutes, the skins should rub off easily!)
Posted in RecipesPrint