Chicken Harissa with Zucchini and Egg
12 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast, cut (1” dice)
¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
salt and pepper to taste
1-8 ounce bag Miracle Rice
3 green onions, chopped and divided
2 zucchini, sliced
1/2 cup water
1 tomato, diced
2 tablespoons tomato paste
2 tablespoons harissa paste
⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
⅛ teaspoon onion powder
1. Brush chicken breast with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
2. In a medium non-stick skillet over medium-high heat cook chicken pieces 5-7 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F. Set aside.
3. Rinse Miracle Rice for 1-2 minutes and drain. Boil for 2 minutes and drain. Add rice to pan and dry roast until all residual water has evaporated and the rice begins to squeak. Add 1 teaspoon olive oil, 1 tablespoon green onion, salt and pepper to rice. Saute for 1 minute. Set aside.
4. Add 2 teaspoons olive oil to skillet and add zucchini and the whites of green onion to skillet. Stir for 3-4 minutes or until lightly browned.
5. Add water, tomato, tomato paste, harissa paste, garlic powder and onion powder to skillet and bring to boil and stir. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover, and cook until the sauce has thickened. This will take about 4-6 minutes.
6. Stir in chicken, salt, and pepper to taste.
7. Add olive oil to non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook eggs sunny-side up or your preference, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
8. To Plate: Place chicken and veggies on rice, top with egg and garnish with green onions.
Sherri can be found on Instagram at @logansw62 and on Facebook at Cooking With Love and Passion.