Coconut Shrimp and Veggie Curry
Anna is catching you a meal! Try this easy recipe that’s rich in flavor from curry, coconut, and garlic.
“Curry shrimp doo doo doo doo doo doo!! Coconut shrimp & veggie curry with onion, mushroom and squash. broccoli and red peppers would have been great as well! served over Miracle Noodle Angel Hair pasta. this was a flavorful and low carb dinner that I highly suggest trying.”
Recipe from Anna via @honeyibaked.
1 pack of Miracle Noodle Angel Hair
5-6 medium size raw shrimps, tail on
½ small yellow onion, diced
1 cup yellow summer squash, diced
¼ cup diced mushrooms
2 cloves of garlic, diced
1 small can of coconut milk (5.5 oz)
1 tsp curry powder (I used Frontier Co-op Indian Curry Seasoning
Olive oil, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes – to taste
Green onion – for garnish
1. Set a pot with 5 cups of water on the stove at medium to high heat.
2. While waiting for water to boil, add 1 tbsp of butter to a skillet and let melt. Add shrimp, a squeeze of lime, a little bit of curry seasoning, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Cook 2-3 minutes on each side or until desired level of done-ness. Remove and set aside.
3. Add onion, squash, mushrooms, and a drizzle of olive oil to the skillet. Sauté for 5 minutes.
4. While veggies cook, rinse Miracle Noodle for 15 seconds. Drain. Add Miracle Noodle to the boiling water and cook for 2 min, then strain. Add noodles back to the pot and cook another minute to dry. (See package instructions.)
5. Once the onions and squash are soft, add garlic and curry powder to the skillet and cook another minute or until fragrant. Add the can of coconut milk and bring to a simmer, about 5 minutes.
6. Reduce heat and add shrimps back. Cook another 3-5 minutes.
7. Serve curry and shrimps over noodle and top with diced green onion. Enjoy!