Warm, comforting, low-stress. Elsie Yan congee makes our hearts (and stomachs) full.
Recipe by Elsie Yan of @lowcarbrecipeideas.
2 packets of Miracle Rice
1 whole chicken leg
2 salted egg yolks (steam and cut into small pieces) - optional
200ml chicken stock
1/2 tsp konjac flour (optional)
Spring onions (chopped)
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Prepare miracle rice per instructions on packaging.
2. Add chicken stock, water, and chicken into a pan. Bring to a boil then simmer covered until chicken is cooked and tender.
3. Remove chicken and tear into pieces.
4. Add Miracle Rice, chicken, seasonings into the pan with the broth, and cook for a while. Add konjac flour to thicken the broth. If not using konjac flour, just let the congee reduce uncovered until thickened.
5. Dish up. Top with salted egg yolks, fried shallots, and spring onions. Drizzle with some sesame oil.
Note: Click here to learn how to make salted egg yolks.