Creamy Tuna Casserole
It's keto! It's crunchy! It's a casserole!
"This is the creamiest tuna casserole ever, with a crunchy (pork rind) topping! I love taking old comfort foods and tweaking them to be keto friendly. I can’t remember the last time I had tuna pasta casserole, but I’m pretty sure we’ll have to start making it more now. It might be a new favorite of ours! My keto friendly version was creamy, flavorful, and generally a great comfort food to have. Even better – this was just a ONE skillet meal. The whole skillet also only made 2 servings for us – and we were beyond stuffed. Each serving only included 777 calories and 6 total carbs, though!"
Recipe by Amber AKA Amber's Keto Kitchen.
3 packs Miracle Noodle Angel Hair
2 cans tuna
5.5 oz spreadable goat cheese *I use La Bonne Vie
4 oz Original Cream Cheese
1/2 cup red onion, diced
6 slices bacon
2 oz pork rinds
Spices & Seasonings:
3/4 tsp pink salt
3/4 tsp black pepper
3/4 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp paprika
1 tsp parsley
Fresh parsley - topping
1. Boil your water for your noodles in a nonstick (oven safe) 12-inch skillet. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F, 177 degrees C.
2. Rinse your Miracle Noodles in water. *I use shears to cut mine so they're smaller and easier to work with. Once rinsed for a few minutes, or according to the package's instruction, boil the noodles for 5-10 minutes.
3. After you've boiled the noodles for several minutes, drain them, and set them aside. Using the same skillet, reduce your heat to medium-low. Fry your bacon until it reaches your preference of crispiness.
4. Once your bacon is cooked, set aside as well - on a cutting board. Place your diced onion into the bacon grease and cook until translucent.
5. Once onion is cooked, add your main ingredients: noodles, tuna, and all cream cheese and spreadable goat cheese. Continue to stir while cheese melts to ensure all ingredients are completely incorporated.
6. Once everything is mixed, add your spices/seasonings: salt, black pepper, garlic powder, chili powder, paprika, and parsley. Mix together.
7. Cut your bacon into bite sized pieces. Next, add your bacon pieces on top of your pasta.
8. Bake your pasta for 3 minutes at 350 degrees F, 177 degrees C.
9. In a plastic bag, add all of your pork rinds. Beat with a meat tenderizer, spoon, rolling pin, etc. Remove pasta from oven; sprinkle your pork rinds over the top. Bake for another 8 minutes, or until pork rinds are golden.
10. Serve and enjoy!!
Love this recipe? Check out others by Amber at https://ambersketokitchen.com.