What's your favorite kind of donut? Our Ambassador Hannah has us jumping for joy with her low-carb chocolate-coconut-covered confection! It's made with our shirataki Miracle Rice! What?!? How?!? Glad you asked! Hannah will fill you in!
"I found my old donut maker while organizing my pantry a few days ago (typical quarantine activity, I know). This donut maker is fantastic; it's probably the from 1970s and has the classically old-fashioned look to it. After finding the donut maker, I decided to try out a new recipe I've been toying with.
I have doubted the donut maker's ability to function, but it surprises me every time! I have no idea what temperature it cooks at (I am guessing it's around 350-375 degrees fahrenheit), but it works beautifully. I think this recipe would work great in a donut/bagel pan at 375 for 12-15 minutes or until firm to the touch."
Recipe by Hannah Heitz of @craving_happy on Instagram.
3 tbsp cocoa powder
1 tbsp coconut flour
1 cup oat flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 scoop (30g) protein powder (I used a pea protein blend)
1/2 tsp xanthan gum (optional)
2 egg whites
1/2 c + 2 tbsp almond milk (or preferred type of milk)
2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
1/2 tsp coconut extract (optional)
1/2 bag Miracle Rice, rinsed and patted dry
1. Combine dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
2. Add in all wet ingredients except for Miracle Rice and combine well. If mix is too thick, slowly add in one additional tablespoon of milk at a time until the mix is a thick dough consistency.
3. Fold in miracle rice and mix until well combined.
4. Pour mix into well-greased donut pan (or donut maker) and cook at 375 for 12-15 minutes.
5. Let donuts sit for five minutes to cool, remove from pan, and let cool on a wire rack until cool.
6. Top with melted chocolate, frosting, or powdered sugar and enjoy! I had so much fun decorating mine.
Thanks, Hannah! Make this dessert and make it low-carb with our Miracle Rice!
Posted in RecipesPrint