Noodles on a salad! Who would have thunk it? Add some for fiber and beef up your salad with our noodles! Miracle Noodle Ambassador, Leisia Tang shows us how!
Follow Leisia Tang on Instagram at @leisiamakesmiracles!
Make this dish with Miracle Noodle Angel Hair.
INGREDIENTS ~ SERVES 3
FOR THE BEEF:
250 grams grain fed flank steak, bite-size slices or buy the pre-sliced package for beef stir-fry
3 garlic cloves, minced
4 tablespoons organic tamari (or soy sauce)
4 tablespoons oyster sauce
1 tablespoon honey
2 lemongrass stalks, minced
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1/4 white onion, cut into thin half moon slices
FOR THE SALAD:
1 head of romaine or 1/2 head of iceberg lettuce, chopped
1/2 head of white cabbage, thinly chopped
Handful of mint leaves, chopped
1 bunch of coriander, just the leaves
1 cucumber, halved and then sliced into thin half moons
Small handful of peanuts (easiest crushed in a mortar and pestle)
3-4 red chilis, thinly sliced
3 7 oz (198 gram) packets of Miracle Noodle Angel Hair
FOR THE DRESSING~
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 small red chili, finely chopped
1 tbsp ginger, chopped
1 tbsp sugar
3 tbsp fish sauce
Juice of 1 thai lime (these are smaller than your typical lime)
1. With your hands, mix the steak with garlic, tamari, oyster sauce, honey, lemongrass, sesame oil, and white onion together. Let it marinate in the fridge while you prepare the salad and dressing (If I have time, I like to do my chopping for the salad to let the meat marinate longer)
2. Prepare Angel Hair Miracle Noodle as per cooking instructions and set aside in a serving bowl
3. In a large salad bowl, toss your greens, mint, coriander, and cucumber together
4. Next, it’s time to prep your dressing! Combine the garlic, chili, ginger, and sugar using a pestle and mortar, then mix in the fish sauce and lime juice. Pour into a dressing bottle (or individual dipping dishes if you’re entertaining)
5. Cook the meat last so it’s warm when it’s time to serve! Heat a large skillet on med-high heat and stir the meat until it is cooked through.
6. I like to serve this salad family style and let everyone DIY their own salad. It’s simple, from the bottom to top - 1) salad 2) miracle noodle 3) beef 4) peanuts and chilis for garnish 5) dressing 6) enjoy
If you aren’t in a meat mood this salad is simple and good with fresh grilled or boiled tiger prawns!
Posted in RecipesPrint