Low-carb-onara with Salted Egg Yolks
Bacon and eggs in a whole new way! Try this amazing meal that's good any time of the day or night. Check out this recipe from our Ambassador Elsie Yan.
Here's a guilt-free low-carb-onara with salted egg yolks using Miracle Fettuccine from Miracle Noodle. It turned out so delicious!"
Recipe by Elsie Yan AKA @lowcarbrecipeideas.
2 packets of Miracle Noodle Fettuccini
4 whole eggs or 6 egg yolks
8 to 10 salted egg yolks
6 slices of bacon (cut into small pieces)
2 tbsp minced garlic
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup whipping cream
Salt & pepper to taste
Low-carb natural sweetener to taste (optional)
Chili pepper flakes
Water or chicken stock as necessary
Spring onions or parsley for garnish
1. Prepare Miracle Noodle Fettuccini per instructions on the packaging.
2. Crack the salted eggs, discard the whites and place the yolks in a steaming plate. Steam for 5 minutes at high heat, remove and mash until fine with a fork. Set aside and reserve a little bit for garnishing.
3. In a bowl, mix the whole eggs, cream, Parmesan, mashed salted egg yolks and seasonings with a fork until well combined. Alternatively, you can use a blender for a smoother texture.
4. Pan fry bacon until almost brown. Add garlic and chili flakes. Sautee for a while. Add fettuccine and mix well. Turn off heat, remove pan and add the creamy mixture. Stir and mix thoroughly.
5. Add water or chicken stock as necessary if noodles are too thick or dry.
6. Dish up and garnish with reserved salted egg yolks and spring onions.