WOW! Our Hearts of Palm Pasta has become a work of art with this meal! If you haven't tried our new pasta yet, try is with this dish! Check out what Mel is cooked up! We hope you give it a delicious try.
Recipe by Mel Souraya AKA @healthandmellness_ on Instagram.
Steak (or other meat of your choice, omit for vegetarian!)
2-4 tbsp butter
1 tbsp thyme
2 tbsp minced garlic
1 tbsp smoked paprika
5 basil leaves, fresh
1-2 cups button mushrooms (cremini is good too!)
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
Parmesan petals, for garnish
1/4 cup pistachios or other nut
1 cup heavy cream or half & half
3-5 sun-dried tomatoes
1-2 Thai chilis or jalapeños
2 cans of Miracle Noodle Ready-to-Eat Hearts of Palm Pasta
Cilantro and scallions, for garnish
1. First, cook the steak. We used a 10oz rib steak that was seasoned for 24 hours rubbed in salt, pepper (this is called dry brining). This was cooked in 1 tbsp butter and thyme. Once done to your liking (we did medium-rare, which was 1 min on each side, flipping four times), remove and let rest on a cutting board.
2. In the same pan, on medium-low, add butter, fry 250g button mushrooms with 2 tbs minced garlic, 1 Thai chili and 4 sundried tomatoes.
3. Pour 1 c. heavy whipping cream, mix.
4. Add 1/2 c. parmesan cheese, lower heat to thicken.
5. Add 5 basil leaves, finely chopped.
6. Add 1 tbsp smoked paprika.
7. Add 1 tbsp garlic powder.
8. Throw in rinsed hearts of palm and mix to incorporate, elevate burner to med-high.
9. Chop up some cilantro and scallions. About 2 tbsp of each.
10. Throw in 1/4 c. roughly chopped pistachios or another nut of your choice
11. Top pasta with steak, and fresh parmesan petals. Serve immediately.
Posted in RecipesPrint