Sopa Seca with Miracle Noodle Hearts of Palm Pasta
"Today I’m presenting Sopa Seca! Traditionally the dish is made with a thin noodle called fideo, but today I’m using @miraclenoodle Hearts of Palm noodles. Check out the recipe below!""
Recipe by Chris Bautista AKA @bautistud on Instagram.
2 cans of Miracle Noodle Ready-to-Eat Hearts of Palm Pasta
3 cloves of garlic - smashed
1 pound of roma tomatoes - diced
1 cup of diced white onion
3 chipotle peppers (canned or jarred)
2 tsp of Better than Bouillon chicken
4 sprigs of cilantro
1 tsp of ground CA chili
1 tsp of dry oregano
2 tsp of ground cumin
1/2 lime juice
Garnish - avocado, crema (sour cream), cotija cheese, and cilantro leaves
1. In a saucepan on medium heat, add 1 tbsp of cooking oil, tomatoes, garlic, chipotle peppers, 1 tsp of bouillon, 2 sprigs of cilantro (stems included), oregano, 1 tsp of cumin, and CA chili. Cook for 30 minutes stirring every 5 minutes.
2. In a separate saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons of cooking oil on med-high heat. Add onions and 1 tsp of cumin and 1 tbsp of bouillon. Cook for 5 minutes.
3. Add drained cans of Hearts of Palm noodles to the onions, toss together, add freshly cracked black pepper. Cook for 5 minutes.
4. After the 30 minutes of cooking the sauce, remove from heat
and blend all ingredients until smooth.
5. Add sauce to the noodles, stir until mixed throughout, cook for 5 minutes.
6. remove from heat, add lime juice, salt to taste, and garnish with cilantro, cotija cheese, avocado, and sour cream. Enjoy!