Check out this coconut shrimp and low-carb rice dish to begin your week!
This delicious recipe comes from our Ambassador Mel!
"Spicy pistachio coconut shrimp on shirataki rice.
Low-carb. Guilt-free. Incredibly satiating."
Recipe by Mel Souraya AKA @healthandmellness_ on Instagram.
2 packs Miracle Rice
2 lbs of shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 can unsweetened coconut milk
1 onion, chopped
2 tbsp minced garlic
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp turmeric
1 tbsp ginger
1/2 cup water
salt + pepper to taste
1 can canned tomatoes, drained
1/2 tsp cumin
1/4 cup oil
1 cup fresh cilantro
1/4 cup crushed or chopped pistachios
1. Drain Miracle Rice and rinse well. In a heated skillet, add the rice and allow to cook until you hear a popping sound, indicating the rice is dry.
2. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
3. Cook onions until fragrant. Add garlic and ginger. Cook for 2 minutes. Add all the spices.
4. Add tomatoes and cook for 1 minute.
5. Add coconut milk, water, and salt and bring to a simmer. Cook for 5-10 minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
6. Add shrimp. Simmer, stirring occasionally for 10-15 minutes.
7. Stir in cilantro. Serve with lime wedges + top with your fave nut!
Posted in RecipesPrint