Vegan Coconut Curry & Cashew Noodle Bowl
Check out what Tyrah Hofer made with our low-carb, plant-based noods! We just had to share this lovely meatless meal!
"Made with shirataki noodles, cashews, fresh veg & coconut milk.
Shirataki (konjac) noodles are new to me. They are root vegetable-based noodles and are zero carbs, gluten-free and super high in fiber. You should be able to find these at most grocery stores as Miracle Noodle."
Recipe by Tyrah Hofer AKA @fullheartnutrition on Instagram.
1 package of Miracle Noodle Angel Hair
1 cup full fat coconut milk
1 tbsp maple syrup
2 tbsp cashew butter
1.5 tbsp curry powder of choice
1 tsp cumin
Juice of 1 lime
1 tbsp fresh minced ginger
1 tbsp coconut aminos (or soy sauce)
2 tbsp coconut oil
1/3 cup cashews
1 red bell pepper sliced
2 cups shredded purple cabbage
2 cups broccoli florets
2 cups of collard greens of choice
4 cloves garlic minced
Sea salt and pepper to taste
1. Prepare Miracle Noodle according to package directions and set aside.
2. In a frying pan melt coconut oil on med-high heat. Cook ginger and garlic for 1-2 minutes. Add the remaining vegetables (pepper, cabbage, broccoli & greens). Sautéed for 5-7 minutes.
3. Add the cumin and curry powder to the veg and sauté for another minute.
4. Add the coconut milk, coconut aminos, maple syrup, cashew butter, and salt + pep. Simmer until desired tenderness of vegetables.
5. Add the konjac noodles (cooked as per package directions) and finish with cashews and the juice of a fresh lime.
6. I topped mine with some broccoli sprout for some added flavor and freshness. Would also be great with green onions!