Miracle Noodle Ziti
Imagine what sort of things you can do with Ziti. How about a low carb Baked Ziti or a Mac and Cheese? It's only 5 calories per serving!
It holds up great for a hearty Tuscan soup or a plate of Ziti Marinara. The hollow tube of our Ziti allows it to hold sauce extra effectively. This is a favorite around our office, so much so that we have to keep it under lock and key or we all end up eating our whole inventory at lunch!
Ziti pasta is made in Japan, birthplace of no-calorie vegetable flour shirataki pasta.
- 2 7-ounce packs of Miracle Noodle Ziti, rinsed and drained
- 2 roma tomatos, deseeded and chopped
- 1 small cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- 1/2 marinated artichoke, chopped
- 3-4 peppadew peppers, chopped
- 2 teaspoon capers
- 8-10 pitted kalamata olives, sliced in half
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoon flat leaf parsley, chopped
- feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 garlic clove, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- sea salt
- black pepper
- red pepper flakes
Prep ziti according to package. Dry roast ziti in pan until all water has evaporated. Cool pasta to room temperature in a mixing bowl.
Place vinaigrette ingredients to a mason jar with a top. Cover and shake until well combined. Adjust salt and pepper as needed.
After pasta has cooled, transfer vegetables and pour vinaigrette into bowl. Fold all the ingredients in the bowl. Chill until ready to serve. Plate and top with feta cheese.
It doesn't get much easier than this to prepare low-carb noodles:
- Cut bag of Miracle Noodles open with scissors and drain in colander/strainer for one minute in cool water.
- Lightly boil noodles for 2-3 minutes. But no more than 3 minutes!
- Drain noodles and dry roast them using no oil or spray in pan for 1 minute.
- After 1 minute, you should hear a squeaking noise. Don't worry! The noodles aren't being harmed. In fact, this means they are ready.
- Add a low-sugar sauce or stock to the finished noodles. Also add steamed, sauteed or lightly grilled veggies. Stir. Healthy noodle stir fry ready!