- 3 tsp minced ginger
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 5 oz sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 1 diced jalapeño
- 1/2 cup scallions, diced
- 12 oz bok choy, diced with stems/leaves separated
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup of canned pumpkin
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp Chinese Five Spice (could use chili powder instead if you don’t like the licorice taste of Five Spice)
- 2 bags Angel Hair Miracle Noodle
- Handful of cilantro
- Squeeze of lime juice
- In a large pot, sauté ginger and garlic in a bit of spray oil until fragrant, a few minutes.
- Add mushrooms, jalapeño, and scallions and sauté until mushrooms brown, another few minutes.
- Add bok choy stems, and sauté until softened.
- Add chicken broth, pumpkin, soy sauce and five spice; reduce to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
- While soup simmers, prepare Miracle Noodles; I like to drain the bag, rinse, microwave for 1 minute, rinse again, and microwave once more; this replaces their internal moisture with plain water and limits their inherent smell/taste.
- Add noodles and bok choy leaves to soup, stir to combine. Once leaves are softened, garnish with cilantro and lime (plus additional raw jalapeno and scallions to taste) and serve.