Our new Ambassadorbrings you a turkey chili featuring our keto-friendly Shirataki Black! This pasta has a small amount of seaweed flakes which add a hint of rich flavor.
You can follow Jackie on Instagram at @jackiealpers for mealspiration!
Make this incredible chili with our flavorful Shirataki Black Noodles!
"Pasta is one of my weaknesses so I’ve been looking for alternatives that will make me less fat in the long run. My current fascination is with Miracle Noodles which are made out of insoluble fiber from the Konjac plant and water. I made my Cincinnati style turkey chili and used them instead of pasta. .
1 package prepared Miracle Noodle Shirataki Black
1 pound lean ground turkey
1-quart chicken stock
1-28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
1 small yellow onion, chopped fine (about 1 cup)
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon Tabasco (or more to taste)
1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tablespoons chili powder
1/2 teaspoon cayenne
1 whole bay leaf
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
Chopped raw onion
Shredded extra-sharp cheddar
Red kidney beans
1. Bring 2 quarts of water and 1 teaspoon of salt to a boil in a large soup pot. Add the ground turkey, stirring vigorously to separate the meat into individual strands. As soon as the foam from the meat rises to the top (about 30 seconds) and before the water returns to a boil, drain the meat into a strainer and set aside.
2. Rinse and dry the empty soup pot. Put back on medium heat, add a tablespoon of olive oil and add garlic and cook until fragrant.
3. Stir in the chili powder, oregano, cocoa, cinnamon, cayenne, allspice, black pepper and salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring constantly, until the spices are fragrant, about 30 seconds.
4. Stir in broth, vinegar and tomato sauce. Add the blanched ground turkey and increase the heat to high. As soon as the liquid boils, reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring occasionally for 1 hour.
5. Spoon over prepared Miracle noodles and serve with desired toppings.
Check out Jackie's site for great meal ideas at www.jackiealpers.com.
Posted in RecipesPrint