Shrimp and Scallop JapChae
How about a seafood medley? Our Ambassador Sherri shows you how with her delicious recipe!
"Shrimp and Scallop JapChae is on board!"
Recipe by Sherri Williams AKA Cooking with Love & Passion with Sherri Williams.
2 packs Miracle Noodle Angel Hair
1 small onion, thinly sliced
1 small carrot, julienned
¾ cup colorful bell peppers, thinly sliced
2 scallions, thinly sliced
5 dried shiitake mushrooms, dehydrated, thinly sliced and stems removed
10 large shrimp
8 sea scallops
6 oz spinach, blanched and chilled
Oil to stir fry
Egg garnish, optional
For the sauce
3-4 tbs tamari
2 1/2 tbs monkfruit sweetner
2 tbs sesame oil
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 tsp roasted sesame seeds
1. Prepare Miracle Noodle according to package. Set aside.
2. Combine sauce ingredients in a small bowl and mix well until the sweetner has dissolved.
3. Season mushrooms with 1 tbs of the sauce.
4. Cut noodles to size, add to large bowl. Mix in 2 tbs of the prepared sauce.
5. In a large heated skillet add 1 tbs of oil and stir fry noodles over med heat for 2-3 mins. Transfer back to bowl.
6. Add 1/2 tbs of oil to the skillet. Stir fry onion, bell peppers, and carrots til onion is translucent. Cook over med-high heat, sprinkle with salt and pepper. When onion is almost done, stir fry scallions. Transfer to bowl with the noodles. Season mushrooms with 2 tbs of sauce.
7. Stir fry shrimp, scallops and mushrooms together for 2-3 mins or til seafood is cooked through. Transfer to the bowl.
8. Add the spinach and the remaining sauce to the bowl with all other prepared ingredients.
9. Toss well by hand. Adjust the seasoning to taste and top with egg.